As we are watching the news regarding the corona virus outbreak, especially considering yesterday’s the recommendations to not gather in groups of more than 10, we feel we need to take the step to cancel all in-person gatherings until further notice. Here is how it will affect our weekly activities:
- Sunday worship service will be online only. The service will be a live stream each Sunday at 9 am and will be archived on our website to watch later as well.
- Denise is working on some ideas so that we will have Kids Worship available online as well. We will give more specifics as we get the details ironed out.
- Wednesday night Samaritan’s Supper will be “to go” only. The Fellowship Hall will not be open, but you can pick up a meal from tables set up in the breezeway.
- Wednesday night prayer and Bible study will not meet this week. We are looking at ideas for having something available online beginning next week.
- Thursday Bible studies will changing as well. The leaders will communicate with their groups about how they are going to handle their group for the time being.
- Additionally, upcoming events including the ladies’ clothing swap and Easter egg decorating party are cancelled.
These are unprecedented days for our world and necessitate unprecedented steps for the church as well. While Sunday was a day of prayer for this crisis, let’s not let it stop there. Be praying for the spread of this virus to slow and even stop. Pray for healing for those with the virus. Pray for wisdom for our national, state and country government leaders as they make difficult decisions. Pray for doctors, nurses and all in the medical community fighting against and exposed to it daily.
Let me close by reminding us all of Psalm 46:1-2. “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear.”
By His grace,